Friday, July 18, 2008

Hey, two digits in my age changed.

Today's my birthday. The big 20, except everyone considers 21 to be the important one since you can drink and everything. I don't really care, though. I did promise one of my friends that for her 21st, I would try it. I don't think I could get her a better present, to be honest. There'll be a post about Batman and Jim Gaffigan soon!


Shopping for music can be a pain when I don't have anything in mind. To be honest, I should've just purchased "Empire of the Sun" at Borders and moved on, but no, I felt like buying a CD, too. So I ended up agonizing over their collection for an hour or so. Oh, I've heard them... but the song I heard sucked. Do I even like Elvis Costello? I'm not buying another Beatles album until they remaster them. I want to buy something impulsively, but it'd be nice to be able to sample everything in the store. That cover is nice... it'd be nice to listen to something nice and summery and sweet and nice. Oh wow, they actually have XTC... "Skylarking" is a great album.

Phone rings. Can I pick up some Coke on the way home? Sure.

I wander through the store, poking into the discount bins and the CDs that are on sale... nothing. I start to wonder why I'm even at Borders when this 30%-off coupon I have still won't save me as much money as buying "Empire of the Sun" at Best Buy. I might as well, though... but I still want music, since it's been a while, and I want something new. Arrrgh.

I walk back over to the music section and come to the "S" section and see Paul Simon's "Graceland." You know, everyone seems to compare Vampire Weekend to this album. His son's album (The Heavy Circles) sucks total ass, though. Eh, I'll buy it. And I do. After all that agonizing and part of it wasn't over this album at all. I hate myself, ugh. I'm an idiot. Whatever, at least I actually have money now.

So far, I'm getting more and more into it. Not a total loss.

No comments: